|Event Location:||Spearhead Range|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Mar 22 2018 6:00 AM|
|Registration Cut Off:||Tue, Mar 20 2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||4 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Who's Invited:||Members & Guests, 18 & Older Only|
|Attendee Screening:||Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.|
|Number Registered So Far:||4 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Please read the entire trip description before signing up.
Being first on the waitlist does not guarantee you a spot. Ideally we will have skied together at least once to be considered for this trip. I will not expand this trip past 6 people.
I will likely not move anyone off the waitlist until late January 2018.
This trip is the 'Classic' Spearhead Traverse from Blackcomb to Whistler. So what is the twist? We will spend one extra day camping in the vicinity of the Pattison/ Shudder Glacier for a day of skiing. A descent of the Shudder Glacier is the main objective.
All participants are expected to have:
1) AST1 equivalent or better;
2) Prior touring experience (this trip is not for beginners);
3) Better than average fitness to carry a multi-day pack for 4 days;
4) Strong technical ski ability to ski double-black runs under any conditions. This is important because of the need to ski 4 days with a multi-day pack. although we will not be skiing slopes steeper than 35 degrees, it is important to have a margin or error;
5) Crevasse rescue training. It would be ideal for the group to 1 day of training together to ensure we are on the same page; and
6) A willingness to share equipment to lighten the load for the group.
It is highly beneficial but not required to have:
1) Winter camping experience;
2) Prior multi-day ski trip experience.
Participants will be screened. If we have not skied together recently, or at all, please send an email to me describing your general fitness, touring experience and ski ability, and whether you are willing and able to lead trips (the little box on the ACC website may not be enough).
This trip requires good visibility, a 'Moderate' or better alpine avalanche forecast. The trip may be cancelled, the dates changed or relocated if conditions are not favourable.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.|
|Cost Includes:||$60 for WB BC lift ticket.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!