|Event Location:||Squamish, Smoke Bluffs|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 28 2018, Sun, Apr 29 2018
7:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Sun, Apr 22 2018 11:55:00 PM
|Event Duration:||Full Weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$40.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
12 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
This 2 day volunteer led course is intended to
(a) how to build anchors for top roping, and
how to rappel safely.
The course objective it is give participants a
chance to learn the different types of anchor
setups, and to practice building them while in
controlled setting. The evaluation of
anchors with respect to safety criteria is an
important part of the course.
- Overview of equipment.
- Set up top rope anchors.
- Evaluate top rope anchors.
- Set up anchors for rappelling.
- Practice rappelling.
- Belaying from above.
- Experience belaying.
In addition to signing up via
the calendar, you must also fill
out this Course
participate in this course (the
link will open in a new tab or window).
Applicants who sign up for this course will be
reviewed prior to acceptance into the
Please also download and read
course handout ahead of
If within the first week after the event was
posted to the calendar more than 12 qualified
members sign up for the event, applicants are
selected by the number of events of the
ACC Vancouver Section they have attended in the
Otherwise selection is by
order of signup.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Belay device.
- Climbing harness.
- At least one pear-shaped locking carabiner.
- Personal prusik (7mm, 1.5m long for
- One 120cm sling (double length sling).
- climbing shoes (not absolutely necessary - please ask the organizer, if you do not have them)
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- Approach Shoes
- lunch (each day)
- rain protection
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Meet each day at 7:00am in the parking lot of St.
David's Church at the Taylor Way Exit of Hwy 1.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||110Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $27.50 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Friday, December 14, 2018). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
DO NOT PAY until
have been notified of your acceptance
into the course.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Sun, Apr 22 2018.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!