|Please read the entire trip description
before signing up.
Being first on the waitlist does not
guarantee you a spot.
Please have flexibility in your
schedule for 2 additional days on Monday
May 6 and Tuesday May 7th for a larger
window for this trip.
The group is limited to 4 people due to
the car shuttle. At least 1 other AWD or
4WD vehicle with a capacity of 4 people
plus gear is needed. I may expand the
group but this may require another vehicle
and trip to place cars for the car
All participants are expected to
1) AST1 equivalent or better;
2) Prior touring experience;
3) Adequate fitness to carry a multi-
day pack for 4 days;
4) Strong technical ski ability to ski
double-black runs under any conditions;
5) Crevasse rescue training;
6) A willingness to share equipment,
including tents, to lighten the load for
the group; and
Prior multi-day ski trip experience.
It is highly beneficial but not
required to have:
1) Winter camping experience.
The tentative itinerary is:
Day 1: Meet in Vancouver, drive up the
Squamish Valley Road to leave a car at the
exit of the trip near the A-100 branch of
the Ashlu Road.
Then drive to the trailhead at the E-
200 Branch of the Elaho FSR. If possible
we will drive up the E-200 Branch to
shorten the approach.
Hike and skin to a camp near Icecap
Peak. This is a big day with upwards of
2200m of gain and 11km of travel depending
on how far up the E-200 branch we can
Day 2: Explore the peaks and glaciers
around Icecap Peak including Porterhouse,
Ashlu and Amicus.
Day 3: Skin to a camp near Zig Zag
Peak, bagging some peaks along the way.
Day 4: Exit by skiing down Buck
Mountain to the car left near branch A-
100. Shuttle to branch E-200 to get the
Participants will be screened. If we
have not skied together recently, or at
all, please send an email to me describing
your general fitness, touring experience
and ski ability (the little box on the ACC
website may not be enough).
This trip requires good visibility, a
'Moderate' or better alpine avalanche
forecast and for the FSRs to be clear of
snow. The trip may be cancelled, the dates
changed or relocated if conditions are not