|Please read the entire trip description
before signing up.|
Being first on the waitlist does not
guarantee you a spot.
The group is limited to 4 people due to
the car shuttle. At least 1 other AWD or
4WD vehicle with a capacity of 4 people
plus gear is needed. I may expand the
group but this may require another vehicle
and trip to place cars for the car
All participants are expected to have:
1) AST1 equivalent or better;
2) Prior touring experience;
3) Adequate fitness to carry a multi- day
pack for 5 days;
4) Strong technical ski ability;
5) Crevasse rescue training (minimum dry
training but those with real training have
6) A willingness to share equipment,
including tents, to lighten the load for
the group; and
7) Prior multi-day ski trip experience.
It is highly beneficial but not required
1) Winter camping experience.
The tentative itinerary is:
Day 1: Meet in Vancouver, drive up the
Squamish Valley Road to leave a car at the
exit of the trip near the S500 or S910
branches of Squamish Main FSR.
Then drive to the trailhead at the end of
the Dipper and Carnival Creek FSRs. Hike
and skin to a camp in the vicinity of
Day 2: Possible summit of Exodus Peak.
Skin to a camp near Torah Peak.
Day 3: Summit and ski the north face of
Torah (hopefully more than once).
Day 4: Descend the Squamish Glacier and
skin to a camp near Mt Callaghan.
Day 5: Descend to the second car on the
Squamish Main FSR, retrive the first car
and drive squamish for dinner.
There are a couple of ways to shorten this
trip including cutting the ski day on
Torah Peak and exiting near Little Ring
Mountain rather than travelling over the
Mount Callaghan summit plateau. These two
changes create a 3 day trip though it
would be nice to explore this remote area.
Participants will be screened. If we have
not skied together recently, or at all,
please send an email to me describing your
general fitness, touring experience and
ski ability (the little box on the ACC
website may not be enough).
This trip requires good visibility, a
'Moderate' or better alpine avalanche
forecast and for the FSRs to be clear of
snow. The trip may be cancelled, the dates
changed or relocated if conditions are not